The ABIM Foundation, in partnership with ASE, is launching the Choosing Wisely Champions program. The Choosing Wisely Champion program seeks to highlight individual clinicians, or teams of clinicians, who are making significant contributions toward advancing the ideals of Choosing Wisely. The goal of the program is to help expand the Choosing Wisely campaign through dissemination of positive stories of individual clinicians, or teams of clinicians, and to serve as an inspiration to others within their specialty so that they may apply learnings in their own practice.
Nominations can come from peers or a committee, or individuals, and teams may choose to nominate themselves. Nominations should include a brief description of how clinicians (or teams) are implementing Choosing Wisely and give examples of how those contributions are advancing the goals of the campaign
The criteria for individuals or teams are that they have some or all of the following:
- Advanced Choosing Wisely initiatives or lists in their practice
- Played a major role in development of Society recommendations (ASE or others)
- Helped educate Society members about Choosing Wisely and/or recommendations
- Conducted measurement of Choosing Wisely recommendations
- Validated research of importance of Choosing Wisely recommendations
- Demonstrated leadership of a localized Choosing Wisely effort
- Served as a spokesperson for the Society or campaign
To apply, please fill out this survey.