While the leaders have great ideas, your voice is critical in making sure that ASE develops the products and services you need. Click here to take the 2015 member survey and you may receive a $250 Visa Gift Card.
While attending ASE 2015, you can get ASE’s newest textbook, Comprehensive Echocardiography, signed by the world’s echo experts, including Roberto Lang, MD, FASE, who contributed to and wrote the latest edition. Join us during the first break on Sunday, June 14 to have editors sign your copy! Purchase your book today at www.ASEMarketPlace.com.
Comprehensive Echocardiography is a unique multimedia resource with text, case studies, and online components covering the latest uses of echocardiography including the most recent 2D and 3D advances. This 2nd edition with its new title, has over 200 chapters that provides material in succinct format. Included with this book is an online library of slides and videos of case presentations that correspond to crisp, full color images, allowing you to view dynamic echocardiography clips of various cardiac pathologies.
Healthcare providers can breathe a sigh of relief as the Senate passed the H.R. 2 bill late last Tuesday night before the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services planned to reduce physician reimbursement by 21.2 percent, as mandated by SGR. President Obama has said he will sign the bill. However, due to timing, it is expected that a “small volume of claims” will be subject to the April 1 cuts. CMS has said that those claims will be reprocessed automatically so that the providers will be made whole and further cuts will be averted.
Your ASE volunteer Advocacy Committee, chaired by David Wiener, MD, FASE, along with ASE’s VP of Health Policy, Irene Butler, our legislative advisor Diane Millman, and lobbyist Peggy Tighe worked tirelessly behind the scenes to bring this bill to Congress without the inclusion of site neutrality language. This was ASE’s key issue this year– to assure protection of our patients ability to access quality cardiovascular care, especially in rural areas often served by one hospital. Your grassroots efforts combined with the ASE advocacy efforts ensured that patient access to echocardiography was preserved in this bill.
You can be confident that ASE continues to work on your behalf with a strong and well organized coalition on this and other issues, such as the opposing the elimination of the in-office ancillary exception. ASE is the leading voice on the Hill for echo-related issues and your membership is key to making this monitoring and activity happen.
THANK YOU to more than 350 members who participated in the “Get a Peer. Get a Prize.” ASE membership referral promotion!
We are thrilled to announce Vickie Delaney, BS, RDCS, RVT, FASE (Mercy College of Ohio- Monroe, MI) as the Grand Prize winner. She won a course registration to the 2015 Scientific Sessions in Boston, June 12-16, 2015, plus, three free nights at one of the approved convention hotels.
The Fitbit winners are
- Barry Canaday, MS, RN, RDCS, RCS, FASE (Oregon Institute of Technology- Bend, OR)
- Michael Foster, RCS, RDCS, FASE (Duke University Medical Center- Durham, NC)
- Kathleen Houser, RDCS (Maineville, OH)
- Maria Lark, RCS, CCT (Chester County Hospital – West Chester, PA)
Everyone who referred a peer to join ASE received an ASE-branded flash drive with the current guidelines.
This promotion was such a huge success, we plan to do something similar in the future. Let us know what prizes would motivate you to participate next time by emailing Lorna Siegal, Membership Director, at email@example.com.
The following award winners will be honored at the ASE Education and Research Foundation’s 6th Annual Research Awards Gala, Saturday, June 13, in Boston, MA during ASE’s 26th Annual Scientific Sessions:
- Physician Lifetime Achievement Award – Steven A. Goldstein, MD, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Sonographer Lifetime Achievement Award – Margaret (Peg) Knoll, RCS, RDCS, FASE, University of California – Irvine Health, Orange, CA
- Meritorious Service Award – Roberto M. Lang, MD, FASE, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Richard Popp Excellence in Teaching Award – Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie, MD, PhD, FASE, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Outstanding Achievement in Perioperative Echocardiography Award – Michael K. Cahalan, MD, University of Utah Health Care, Salt Lake City, UT
- Council on Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease Founder’s Award – Hugh D. Allen, MD, Texas Children’s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Learn more here.