ASE’s Advocacy Team has developed the following echo specific resources to help you with the implementation of ICD-10:
- ICD-10 Coding Changes
- Clarifying Questions and Answers Related to the July 6, 2015 CMS/AMA Joint Announcement and Guidance Regarding ICD-10 Flexibilities
- Conversion of Select ICD-9-CM codes to ICD-10
- Common ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes for TEE
- Common ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes for TTE and Stress Echo
- Extremity Venous Evaluation
- Cerebrovascular Arterial Studies: Extracranial Arterial Studies
- Extremity Arterial Studies
- ICD-10 Post Implementation Focus on Echocardiography
ASE developed these tools to assist you during this challenging time as a part of your ASE member benefits. If you need more individualized support, ASE also provides complimentary access to a coding reimbursement expert. Contact ASE’s coding expert here.
CMS has issued a new ICD-10 Resource Guide and Contact List to help find answers to frequently asked questions.
Contact your MAC for Medicare claims questions. Your MAC is your first line for Medicare claims help. MACs cannot respond to questions about Medicaid or commercial health plans. The new ICD-10 Resource Guide and Contact List gives MAC and Medicaid contact info organized by state.
If you have a Medicaid claim question contact your state Medicaid agency.
You may also contact CMS directly by emailing the ICD-10 ombudsman Dr. William Rodgers, whose contact email is ICD10_Ombudsman@cms.hhs.gov.
For commercial payers, check the payer’s website for information about ICD-10 implementation and a method of contact for issues.
- For Anthem, physicians should contact the Provider Service Call Center for the locality and line of business involved (telephone numbers can be found on Anthem.com).
- For Humana, physicians can use the following email address ICD10Inquiries@humana.com
- For UnitedHealth Group, physicians can use the following email address ICD10questions@uhc.com
On November 2, 2015 ASE & MedAxiom co-sponsored a webinar on ICD-10 Post Implementation: Focus on Echocardiography. This was a discussion on coding challenges and documentation requirements for diagnostic echocardiograms. There was also a review of key billing and documentation components for these services. The recorded webinar is now available just click here. Currently available is following link to download the handout for this webinar.
ICD-10 Post Implementation: Focus on Echocardiography handout
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the Next Steps Toolkit to help providers track and improve ICD-10 progress. This new, in-depth toolkit includes information and resources on how to:
- Assess ICD-10 progress using key performance indicators to identify potential productivity or cash flow issues
- Address opportunities for improvement
Maintain progress and keep up-to-date on ICD-10