The American Society of Echocardiography Education and Research Foundation (ASEF) is pleased to announce the availability of a travel grant for a sonography student enrolled in an accredited CAAHEP cardiovascular ultrasound program. The travel grant program is designed to provide partial financial support to sonography students who would otherwise be unable to attend the ASE 28th Annual Scientific Sessions in Baltimore, MD, June 2-6, 2017 or any other 2017 educational course directly sponsored by ASE. A complimentary registration fee is included with the travel grant award, along with a one year student membership in the American Society of Echocardiography. To view a list of ASE’s 2017 directly sponsored educational programs, please click here.
ASEF thanks Elsevier Inc. for supporting this grant to honor Dr. Harvey Feigenbaum’s commitment and tenure as the former editor of the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE) for 20 years.
- 2016 Recipient: Kelsey Bogen, Hoffman Heart & Vascular Institute School of Cardiac Ultrasound, Hartford, CT
Feigenbaum Cardiovascular Student Travel Grant Information
|Application Receipt Deadline||October 28, 2016|
|Award Announcement||February 2017|
|Award Payment Date:||February 2017|
* Complete the online Feigenbaum Cardiovascular Sonographer Student Travel Grant form.
Criteria for Award:
* Students must be actively enrolled in cardiovascular ultrasound programs accredited by the commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or in equivalent Canadian or international cardiovascular ultrasound programs* at the time of the grant selection. Students graduating in the Spring/Summer of 2017 are eligible to apply.
* International candidates will need to submit information describing equivalency of program to CAAHEP standards and/or course work that follows the National Education Curriculum (NEC).
* This travel grant is based on financial need. While any sonography student actively enrolled in a CAAHEP cardiovascular program may apply for this travel support, the selection process will give preference to students without sufficient travel funding and who would not otherwise be able to attend an educational course directly sponsored by ASE. If selected to receive an ASEF student travel grant, the student will be requested to provide a written testimonial and personal photo for use in promotional materials and/or on ASEF’s website.
Students who are nominated for an Alan D. Waggoner Student Scholarship Award may also apply for the UltraEcho, Ltd. Cardiovascular Student Travel Grant and the Feigenbaum Student Travel grant; however, a student will only be selected for one award.