The 3rd Annual Echo Florida course is a comprehensive review of cardiovascular ultrasound in clinical practice. The faculty is composed of U.S. and international experts who will discuss the strengths and limitations of established and emerging technologies and illustrate how these technologies can be used to improve and streamline patient care in a cost conscious manner.
There is heavy emphasis on case based learning. Topics include:
- Coronary artery disease including stress testing
- Valvular heart disease
- Heart failure (systolic and diastolic) and cardiomyopathy
- Emerging technologies including contrast and 3D/4D echocardiography
- Special full day session on new percutaneous interventions for structural and valvular heart disease. Case based lectures will also be presented to demonstrate how 2D and real time 3D/4D echocardiography are used to select, guide and follow these interventions.
Additional Ticketed Sessions (separate registration required)
- Point of Care Symposium: Saturday, October 11, 2014 (full day)
This full day is devoted to Point of Care echocardiography. Brief lectures with case illustrations will discuss protocols for use of small echocardiographic devices in various settings such as emergency room, intensive care unit and community screening programs. There will be ample time for hands-on training with multiple types of these devices.
- Learning Lab: Saturday, October 11, 2014 (full day)
The Learning Lab is an opportunity for participants to get individualized instruction at computer workstations. Participants have an opportunity to get hands-on instruction on quantitative echocardiography using real cases. Topics to be covered include quantitation of LV heart size and function, quantitation of LV diastolic function, quantitation of right heart function, quantitation of valvular stenosis and regurgitation, 3D/4D echo image set cropping, display and quantitation, quantitation of strain, torsion and other new parameters of myocardial function. These small group sessions allow ample time to interact with the experts.
Join the exclusive Echo Florida Community on Connect@ASE to stay up-to-date on future course details.
Connect@ASE is a members-only networking site but will grant access to non-member registrants to this specific community.