Read release here.
Archives for July 2014
Don’t miss your chance to help shape the discussion!
JW Marriott Hotel
|Summit||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|Hosted Reception||4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
Leaders from across the healthcare spectrum will be gathering in our nation’s capital to offer a variety of unique perspectives on the transition to value-based healthcare, with a focus on the role of cardiovascular ultrasound, specifically echocardiography, in this changing environment. Speakers will include a US Congressman; a director of population health at one of the nation’s premier health systems; the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the first peer-reviewed journal focused exclusively on delivery science and care redesign; and many others. The full agenda and speaker information can be accessed here, and will be continuously updated as more information becomes available. Summit participants will include legislators and staffers, private and governmental payers, clinicians, patient advocates, researchers, and industry representatives.
Read release here.
ASE Foundation is excited to announce that we’re adding Spanish-language webinars to our repertoire of translated guideline materials. Dr. Federico Asch recorded ASE’s first Spanish webinar available for no cost. Dr. Asch presented “Guidelines for Performing a Comprehensive Transesophageal Echocardiographic Examination” by Hahn et al. Watch here.
Register now for the newest ASE live webinar! David Roberson, MD, FASE, will present a practical review on a major innovation in cardiovascular ultrasound, 3D echocardiography. Please join us on Wednesday, July 30 at 5:00 pm ET. By the end of this presentation, the viewer should be better able to:
- Apply the four modalities of 3D echo acquisition to analyze congenital heart disease
- Obtain optimized 3D echo images
- Apply the three modalities of 3D echo cropping to analyze congenital heart disease
This event is also part of an exciting research project to help measure knowledge gained from live webinars and CME effectiveness. ASE encourages you to be a part of this unique event and provide input on the usefulness of online CME! ASE members can register for this live event for FREE as part of their ASE member benefits. To register, you must log in to www.asecho.org using your ASE username (email) and password. Then click on ASEUniversity and CME Credits. You can find the registration through the home page of your ASEUniversity profile or under Live Webinars. Don’t forget to also register for the upcoming Contrast webinar at 1:00 PM ET on September 10th, 2014. This can also be found under the Live Webinars tab on www.aseuniveristy.org.
On July 3, 2014, CMS made available on the internet the proposed 2015 Medicare payment rates and policy changes under the PFS and HOPPS. ASE has developed a summary with provisions of the proposed rates and policies of interest to the society and its members. Charts summarizing the proposed changes in Medicare rates are included to help clarify these proposed rates.
Get the latest research and science from the Journal of American Society of Echocardiography (JASE) right at your fingertips. Download the JASE app today for your iPad! The app has been updated by Elsevier and contains many significant functionality upgrades:
- Mobile-optimized content delivery
- Improved search that:
- Is clinically intuitive
- Includes webpages that are not part of issue data (e.g., supplemental data)
- Provides better results filtering options
- Improves the presentation of video content in search results
- Offers related topics/articles
- Improved content loading and presentation
- New “SmartCollection” tool that allows subject matter experts to create collections
Click here to download the JASE app from the Apple iTunes store into your Newsstand folder. Newsstand will automatically download new issues when they are available. Log in with your onlinejase.com password to gain access to articles. Remember that your JASE password is distinct from your ASE member password.
On Tuesday, July 8 Consumer Reports will host a Social Media Meet-Up webinar titled “Twitter 101.” Webinar leader, Ginger Skinner described the sessions as follows Twitter has over 250 million users, and if you’re not one of them, it’s very likely you’re missing out on health news and discussions that are vital to you and your brand. If you’re asking “Where do I start?” or “I’m here, now what?” — you’ve come to the right place. Find the meeting details here.
The 3rd Annual Echo Florida course will take place October 12 – 14 at Disney’s Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World, FL. This comprehensive echo course features expert faculty who will discuss strengths and limitations of established and emerging technologies and illustrate how these technologies can be used to improve and streamline patient care in a cost conscious manner. Echo Florida also hosts two special preconferences which will be held on Saturday, October 11 (separate registration required):
- Point of Care Symposium: Brief lectures with case illustrations will discuss protocols for use of small echocardiographic devices in various settings such as emergency room, intensive care unit, and community screening programs. There will be ample time for hands-on training with multiple types of these devices. A copy of ASE’s Focused Cardiac Ultrasound: Fundamentals of Acquisition and Interpretation DVD is included with registration for this session.
- Learning Lab: The Learning Lab is an opportunity for participants to get individualized instruction at computer workstations. Participants will be given hands-on instruction on quantitative echocardiography using real cases. These small group sessions allow ample time to interact with the experts.